Kenwood is a neighborhood school with a long history in the area. The original Kenwood School was a one room building that stood next to the present day Kenwood Baptist church. The school was in operation from 1908 until 1945 when students were transferred to Ringgold Elementary. Our present building was opened in the fall of 1993 and students rezoned from Byrns Darden, Ringgold, and Minglewood Elementary schools and became the new students of Kenwood Elementary School. Today, Kenwood has progressed a long way from its beginning as a one room schoolhouse. There are two reading classrooms, a Reading Lab, Computer Lab, Music classroom, Art classroom, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Speech and Language classroom, resource Labs, Guidance classroom, and Media Center. There are two Administrative offices and Nurses station housed within the main office. The staff at Kenwood Elementary are dedicated and committed to providing each child with a safe, secure, and positive learning environment in which everyone can be successful academically. Our goal is to focus on meeting individual needs and target the areas of Reading and Math.